Monday, October 29, 2012

My Witches Tea!

After weeks of planning my Witches Tea Party finally happened! It was definitely a success, but no small feat my friends...no small feat..

It all started with this photo... The inspiration that started the whole thing... 
The rest is history...
 
Lots of inspiration came from my Vintage Tea Party Cookbook...



 
Shortbread cookies ready to be filled with homemade apple butter...recipe here.
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies...straight from the tube!
Roast beef sliders with fancy Dijon mustard and a dollop of horseradish...SO good!  James cooked the roast the night before...he really saved me when it came to last minute preparations... He keeps me together...always has. : )
Cheese please!
Slow cooker apple butter...recipe here by a fellow blogger you should check out! I used some apples that my parents neighbors gave me that were considered 'seconds'...but were perfect for this!
Homemade spiced caramel buttons! Drop one in a cup of hot apple cider and it transforms it into the best caramel apple cider you will ever drink... recipe here and it was so easy you won't believe it!  It felt like science class.
Things are coming together nicely but I have worked myself into a tizzy and guests are starting to arrive!
Cucumber sandwiches...a true tea party classic... A nice loaf of white bread, cucumber shaved thinly with a peeler, softened spreadable cream cheese mixed with a tiny bit of mayo and lemon juice topped with some salt and pepper! hmm...so good!
And the most important part...the most perfect scones! I used this recipe but I added a tsp of vanilla extract to the sour cream and milk mixture.
Most of my witches have arrived so it is time to feast!

 
The littlest witch...sporting one of my fascinator witch hats...
Chocolatey Chai Tea and Hot Apple Cider...



It It was time for a drink...
 So we opened the party up to the gentlemen folk, but I insisted they wear my fascinator's...
Now I need to sleep for a week and I'm not going to bake until Christmas!

Thanks for reading!
xo
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment